Thursday, July 3, 2008

2 Picture Photo Block

I have been trying to use up some of my old, retired paper lately. I have tons of it…. which I don't mind using for samples but not for classes… just laying around and taking up space. So, yesterday I set out to use a couple of pieces. This is what I came up with. (The pictures came out a little dark, sorry about that!)








The self adhesive die cuts are from a couple of old Simply Scrapping Kits, and so is the paper.

I love making this photo blocks. I really like the way I turn a simple piece of wood into something that can be displayed on my coffee table or mantel. When I first started making altered scrap books I really had a problem keeping my pictures protected. It didn't matter if it was a photo block, or photo box. Within just a couple of months the photos would start to look scratched and worn. So, I set out to find a solution. The solution was actually simple. Now I just use window sheets over my photos to protect them. It works wonders, and the best part is I think the brads and eyelets I use to set the window sheets to the photos really add something to the pieces I am creating. I hope this helps all of you.

No comments: