Monday, August 25, 2008

August's Altered Scrapbook Class

I have had a problem posting lately due to a few firsts in my life. I will tell you all about these firsts in a minute but I wanted to take a minute to share the new altered scrapbook that we made this past weekend.


I got this idea from Convention this year. I didn't finish my scrapbook yet, eventhough I usually do before each class, but I can tell you that everyone in the class had wonderful looking books when they were finished.


Each scrapbook was made with a total of 7 pages and one pull out. I suggested to each class mate that they use the pull out for journaling. But, like everything else I do, I also made the comment that they could do what every they wanted. A couple of the girls used the insert as a place to hold tickets for the event they placed in the album. All very cute ideas!


This album was made with two envelopes bound together with a ribbon. If you would like step by step instructions for this project, or if you would like information about joining next months class, please let me know. Just send an e-mail to me at ana4stampin@aol.com or give me a call at 760-713-3708.

Now for my firsts! This month was the start of some great firsts for me. My kids went to their first day of school (after 4 years of being homeschooled). And, I started my first job as an LVN (after not working away from home in over 5 years).


The boys were very excited about their first. They are now into their 3 week of school and both of them seem to be thriving.


My new job is kind-of exciting. I am trying to get the hang of it.... and trying to remember all the things I am suppost to do through out the day. I am working at a local nursing home on the night shift. Yes, that means that while you are all at home suggled into your beds, I am up working. These new hours are taking a bit to get use to but I am sure that I will be ok.

The only bad things about my new job is the fact that I am going to have to juggle some of my SU! classes around. So keep posted and I will let each of you know about up coming classes as they are known to me.

Hope you all enjoyed this new project. And, like always, if this inspired you to make your own send me a picture of what you have made.

Ana

No comments: