Thursday, May 22, 2008

Party Pieces Party

Yesterday, I decided to take one of my old Simply Scrappin' and see what I could do with it. I started looking around some of my favorite blogs and found an idea I had to try... here's the orginal link.

I ended up getting:

  • one mini purse that is large enough to hold a few cards or even a birthday card and a small gift
  • 4 matching 6x6 scrap book pages
  • 30 4x4 cards.

I made myself some rules before I started:

  • I did not want to use anything for the cards or pages besides the Simply Scrapping kit. This means no stamping at all
  • I allowed my self to use ribbon and brads to make the purse.
  • I wanted to make the cards before I made the pages.... so the pages had to be made using left over items
  • And, no extra papers could be added

So, I made the purse, and cut all the paper into 8x4 pieces. Then I realized that I would not have any paper to make my scrapbook pages. Well, there went rule #4. I ended up swapping out the cut pieces of white paper for a full sheet of 12x12 Whisper White that I had here. I figured this was kind of keeping me to my orginal rules.

This is what I came up with. I am actually happy with it. And, eventhough it is using a retired kit, it can still be used with the Confetti Simply Scrappin' kit because the product is basically the same minus some color changes.

Enjoy the samples!


No comments: