Thursday, July 24, 2008

Negative Challenge

I was on Splitcoast today and noticed that today's challenge was to "think negative". The hostess of the challenge wanted us to use the negative spaces left over from chipboard, punches, ect. to create our project. I have never actually done any of Splitcoasts challenges but today I thought I should. Mainly because I have some chipboard that is now retiring that I wanted to use.

I have been wanting to make a name plate for a while now to put on our family picture wall. As this challenge inspired me I thought today would be the perfect day to make that name plate. I used retired paper to make the name plate mainly because this is for my own use. I hope you all like the design, and I hope that it inspires you to "think negative" too.


P.S. The "W" is not covered with paper. I actually used my brayer to cover the chipboard with Chocolate Chip Classic Ink. I then wheeled "It's Beautiful" over the top in Creamy Caramel followed by "Forever Flowers" in White. After it dryed, I covered the whole letter in VersaMark and embossed it using Clear Embossing Powder. Even though you can not see it well in the picture, the letter has a lot of depth to it, and the Creamy Caramel gives it a great subtle effect.

No comments: