Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Todays Challenge: SBVC57

Here is todays challenge information. I decided to choose a scrapbook page instead of a card this week. This challenge is a little different and that's why I am posting exactly what SCS said.

**********

SBVC57...Party Time...12.31.08


Good morning scrappers and Happy New Years! While growing up, we didn't celebrate New Years, we had birthday parties. My paternal Grandfather's birthday was December 31st and maternal Grandmother's birthday was January 1st.


One last "Using our stash" challenge -
We are going to revisit the recipe challenge I did 2 years ago for Halloween, except you are going to choose a cake instead of a full menu. After you've chosen your dessert, I'll PM you with your recipe. You must use the items listed (they aren't manufacture related, nor are they hard, so don't be scared away) You can add any "spices" (aka other items) to your layout. Feel free to do this challenge more than once as each recipe will be very different.


Dessert menu:

Angel Food Cake (ingredients: white cardstock, ribbon, a circle, handwritten journaling, flowers, and bling)

Carrot Cake (ingredients: orange, vanilla, sanding, stars, harware and buttons)

Cheesecake (ingredients: white and brown, felt, stampin, cut work, buttons and bling)

Chocolate Cake (ingredients: brown cardstock, swirls/flourishes, doodling, brads, chipboard and a quote)

Fruit Cake (ingredients: black background, stamping, hardware, buttons, chipboard, and the use of a punch)

Rainbow Chip Cake (ingredients: printed paper with rainbow colors, flowers, stitching, rub-ons, and ribbon)

Sponge Cake (ingredients: yellow, inking, flowers, stamping, ribbon, paper piercing)

Strawberry Shortcake (recipe below)

*********

So, I picked Strawberry Shortcake (mainly because I love strawberries and I thought I would like the colors). My ingredients are:

Pink
Red
Hardware
Inking
Bling
Ribbon

I am now off to create. And, as always, please feel free to join in. If you do, please send me a link to your project.


New Years Greetings,
Ana

No comments: